The design of the PTT Sabre Tooth Planter Disc Opener allows it to cut, rotate and flow moist granulated soil on top of seed placement for maximizing seed-to-soil contact.
PTT’s Sabre Tooth Planter Disc Opener eliminates the need for a leading no-till coulter assembly and to facilitate closing of the seed furrow with standard OEM equipment.
The disc openers will leave 1/4” of granulated soil on top of the seed even in wet harsh conditions to get better seed to soil contact with less sidewall compaction.
It cuts, rotates and flows moist, granulated soil on top of seed placement, regardless of soil type or weather conditions. This can speed up early even-emergence, root development and enhanced soil-to-seed contact while lessening sidewall and sub-furrow compaction.
• Better seed-to-soil contact with less sidewall and furrow compaction
• Eliminates the need for a no-till coulter assembly
• Facilitates closing of the seed furrow with standard equipment
• Leaves 1/4” of granulated soil on top of the seed even in wet harsh conditions
• Hubs are forged steel, not cast, and are bolted, not riveted, onto the blade
• There are two different sized blades which are used to create a leading blade edge for better
penetration and better residue-cutting. There are left-hand and right-hand blades to
prevent planter drift.
• Both hub and outer race of bearing are made of same material. This allows both to expand and contract at the same rate, keeping the bearing tight in the hub.
• The PTT blade assembly utilizes high-quality 4mm metal, a reusable forged steel hub, a
heavy- duty 204 double roller bearing with 100 degree grade 8 bolts. This provides longevity
and dependability while maintaining fillet and bevel length, preventing blade stubbing or dulling.